Thursday 13 June 2013

...I am still standing...

Dear All,
I am aware I have not been looking after you and the blog for too long now and I am very sorry. I know what it feels like to look forward to receive updates or news and it's disappointing when it does not happen as we thought.

I cannot make any excuses really, I have simply not being blogging as I did not take the time to do so and I chose to do something else instead. Sometimes I am like that though, I am known by my family & friends for starting things and not finishing them, I could write you a very long list, and it's such a shame.

Anyway, I am certainly carrying on with my 'Ilaria Rocks' project, hobby, business, whatever you want to call it, I am still not sure what label to put on it at the moment. I have been lucky so far to have been approached to work on interesting projects and my first love is always for handmade paper goodies. I will always be committed to handmade cards and decorations and I have so many ideas at times it's overwhelming and then when it's too much I don't know where to start so I don't even start at all!

However, this time I have given myself a target, a goal, which is fast approaching actually. In the last few weeks I have been working towards my first craft market, which is this Sunday 16th June at Stockport Market Hall. It's not easy motivating yourself when you are your own boss and I find that giving myself a target really helps me.


Thinking at 2013 so far, there has been a lot happening in my professional and personal life, like all of you I guess, but it's been hard concentrating on what I really want to do and on what I love doing. Sometimes I find myself doing what I really didn't want to do and I can tell my heart is not in it, which makes me sad, but that's life hey. Then when I am doing what I am passionate about there is no stopping me, I will put everything into it. All this to get to the point I want to make, which is how much I have loved working towards this market, and I am so excited, nervous and scared at the same timeOne thing is making cards to give to friends and family, another one is actually making something that customers will want to buy! I think the ranges of designs I have made are different from what's already out there, and I hope I won't be the only one thinking that. There is still a lot to do though...I want to take pictures of all the products I made before packaging them, then there is the packaging itself ( I am hoping in some help from my gorgeous hubby, pretty please?!) and thinking how I will set up the stall. I have an idea in my head, it's all about getting it out of there! 

Right, now I have put these thoughts down on cyber-paper I better go back to work. It's the first time I write something quite personal on the blog but I just felt like it so there it is, I hope you don't mind, if you do then I am sorry! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment